Councilwoman Marcelle hosting Hurricane Prep meeting Tuesday | Events
Councilwoman C. Denise Marcelle will hold a hurricane preparation meeting on Tuesday, June 25 at 6 p.m. at the Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Community Center, located at 400 Gus Young Avenue in District 7, in Baton Rouge.
Representatives from the Mayor’s Office, Baton Rouge Police Department, Baton Rouge Fire Department, Department of Public Works, Entergy, St. Vincent De Paul, OLOL Urgent Care Center, Emergency Medical Services, Cox Communications and American Red Cross will be on hand.
The Council on Aging will be distributing fans and air conditioners to senior citizens who qualify. Councilwoman Marcelle is encouraging all citizens to attend this important “Let’s Be Prepared” Meeting. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, contact the District 7 office at 389-3182.
Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near EBR South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition
- Shoppers line up outside Best Buy on Thanksgiving to get early deals
- 2 armed robbers run off with cash and merchandise