DOTD announces lane/ramp closures on I-10/I-12 | Business
Baton Rouge— Workers will implement a number of overnight lane and ramp closures on the Geaux Wider Interstate 10 widening Monday, August 20 through Thursday, August 23. Below is the current schedule, weather permitting:
- I-12 westbound Exit 1A to I-10 eastbound will be closed for barrier rail alignment and striping Monday, August 20 between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- I-10 westbound Exit 163 to Siegen Lane will be closed for paving Monday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 21 between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.
- The I-10 eastbound right lane will be closed from just before Siegen Lane to the Siegen Lane Overpass for paving Monday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 21 between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.
- The I-10 westbound left lane will be closed between Essen Lane and the I-10/I-12 split for barrier rail alignment Tuesday, August 21 between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Bluebonnet Boulevard at the I-10 overpass will be reduced to one lane in each direction for rail demolition work Monday, August 20 through Thursday, August 23 between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.
Emergency vehicles will have access through the work zone at all times during the closures.
Motorists on I-12 westbound who wish to access I-10 eastbound during the closure of Exit 1A Monday night should continue west onto I-10 westbound and exit at College Drive (Exit 158) where they may access I-10 eastbound.
Motorists on I-10 westbound who wish to access Siegen Lane during the closure of Exit 163 Monday and Tuesday nights should exit at Bluebonnet Boulevard/Mall of Louisiana Boulevard (Exit 162B), turn left onto Mall of Louisiana Boulevard, turn left onto the I-10 eastbound frontage road and travel to Siegen Lane.
The construction work is weather dependent and may be re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather. Motorists are reminded to please use caution in all construction zones and follow the lower posted speed limits.
Media personnel needing access to the interstate work zones for photos or video must first contact the Geaux Wider team at (225) 906-1448. For safety reasons, no unscheduled or unaccompanied visits are permitted.
The Geaux Wider program is a multi-year construction initiative designed to increase capacity, improve safety and enhance mobility on Interstates 10 and 12 in East Baton Rouge and Livingston Parishes.
The following interstate segments are being widened to six lanes under the Geaux Wider program:
- Interstate 10, from the I-10/12 split to Siegen Lane.
- Interstate 10, from the Siegen Lane interchange to Highland Road.
- Interstate 12, from the O'Neal Lane interchange to Pete's Highway.
- Interstate 12 eastbound, from Pete's Highway to Juban Road.
- Interstate 12, from Juban Road to the Walker/LA 447 interchange.
Completion of the entire program is tentatively scheduled for 2013.
For more information, contact Louisiana DOTD Customer Service at 1-877-4LADOTD (3683) or visit www.GeauxWider.com.